Wednesday, August 10, 2011

discussion, event, issue, technology, topic, war

Familiar LightSquared  discussion, event, issue, technology, topic, war? You can read about it in no less than a dozen places (http://goo.gl/8JtFe).

I have been loosely following along; only because the topic keeps being put in front of me. So as a sideliner here are just a few thoughts. I am not an engineer nor am I familiar with all of the possible opportunities (good or bad). This is just a running list of thoughts I have had over the past several months.
  • Why is everyone so worried? Does anyone really think the government is going to let the GPS network be severely damaged? – This is not a small thing and the suggested impacts would be numerous on a multitude of levels. –zombies are not our worst fear
  •  Wow this thing is getting a lot of press
  •  No idea who their marketing folks are but they have earned their money
  •  May be this was a half backed idea that needed to go down this road in order to get input from the community, refine the plan, and execute a useful product – novel
  •  Here comes the mudslinging, they said – they said, nobody knows what’s going on
  •  Props to those guys for understanding and working the system
  •  Now let’s draw straws for teams- good vs evil
  •  Seems to be a lot of chest thumping going on
  •  Great now regardless of the outcome a) nothing happens b) the plan is implemented and has no impact – everyone can claim victory.
  •  This one pops in my head nearly every time- "I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right." http://goo.gl/tLYtP

I have had a few more specific thoughts, but I’m not putting them in writing. Might it be bad- sure, might it be the best thing since GPS - maybe; isn’t that what innovation is all about?

Now I can add my name to the list of folks that have brought the topic up again. #badjokes 



1 comment:

  1. Learon, to answer your question of 'why is everyone worried' I think its because no one trusts the government to make the right choice. Too much $$$$ riding in this is Falcone's Harbinger Hedge Fund in the middle. Based on everything I've read, I'd say the outcome is still a 50/50 proposition.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States