After a series of discussions which resembled stand-ups we settled on size and budget.
The result was a structure built in 17 days. Actual build time was 10 days. It is connected to 2 trees in the back and supported by 6x6 post in evenly distributed around the structure.
- 4- 6x6x16 post
- 2- 6x6x8
- ~ 50- 2x4x12
- all floor joist are 2x8 on 16 inch centers
- stairs are 2x10
- roof is tin (runs from 8 feet at the front to 7.5 feet at the back.
- NO nails, over 5,000 screws
- ~75- 3/8 x 6 or 8 inch lag bolts
- 3 different deck areas (2 - 12x12 and 1 - 6x12)
- moveable bench, swing, rope ladder, slide and plenty of eno hooks
|Bottom Deck (12x12)|
|Stairs to second level|
|Second level (6x12)|
|Third level (12x12)|
|Back with swing|
|Side with rope ladder|
It was a fun project. Building the basic structure then continual communication with the "clients" (including the kids) as the details were added. Interestingly enough, though it was built for the kids, seems the adults are enjoying sitting on the upper level as much as anyone.
|Concept to Build|