Friday, July 31, 2009

Preface

I have worked in the information technology (IT) field for a decade and had the opportunity to travel across the United States the past year. My niche has been geographic information systems. In the past year I have become fascinated with social media and web 2.0 technologies. Yes, I realize I was late to the game as these have been around more than a year. What I didn’t realize was that I was not the last one to game. In fact, I have come to realize many IT firms haven’t even made it to the ballpark yet. IT for so many years was a black box. Executives all agreed IT was needed, but few actually applied its use and even fewer understood what happened in the black box. Sure IT can be complex, but you would think IT was always cutting edge. I can assure the entire IT community has not grasped the full utility of social media and web 2.0 technologies.

So why does this blog look like a book? This was the only way I could think of to gain the attention of the traditional “book reader” and hopefully the help of really smart people on the www. I am hopeful you will add to this string of thoughts by adding your comments. No doubt a wiki might have proven more useful for this exercise, but keep in mind the first goal is to reach those trying to figure all this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States